This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

JavaRuntime does not install with ConfigMgr on x64 Systems

Topics: Package related
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2015 at 3:02 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2015 at 4:28 PM
As the JRE Installer does not work properly when running with the SYSTEM account on x64 machines, you can tweak the install script as:
cd $PSScriptRoot;
$proc = (Start-Process -FilePath "jre-8u65-windows-x64.exe" -ArgumentList "/s REBOOT=Suppress SPONSORS=0" -Wait -PassThru);$proc.WaitForExit();$ExitCode = $proc.ExitCode;
$proc = (Start-Process -FilePath "msiexec.exe" -ArgumentList "/i C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Oracle\Java\jre1.8.0_65_x64\jre1.8.0_65.msi /q REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS" -Wait -PassThru);$proc.WaitForExit();$ExitCode = $proc.ExitCode;
Exit($($ExitCode))
  1. Calling jre-8u65-windows-x64.exe will extract the MSI but JRE will be unable to start the installation (the JRE installer is looking in the wrong path for the MSI).
  2. As we know where the extracted MSI is located, we just call the MSI from that path...
same for X86 Version of JRE on a X64 system:
cd $PSScriptRoot;
$proc = (Start-Process -FilePath "jre-8u65-windows-i586.exe" -ArgumentList "/s REBOOT=Suppress SPONSORS=0" -Wait -PassThru);$proc.WaitForExit();$ExitCode = $proc.ExitCode;
$proc = (Start-Process -FilePath "msiexec.exe" -ArgumentList "/i C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Oracle\Java\jre1.8.0_65\jre1.8.0_65.msi /q REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS" -Wait -PassThru);$proc.WaitForExit();$ExitCode = $proc.ExitCode;
Exit($($ExitCode))