This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

PSAppDeployToolkit

Topics: Feature Requests
Dec 15, 2015 at 3:32 PM
I see that there could be an incredible amount of integration brought into using something like PSAppDeployToolkit with RuckZuck.

Imagine being able to build an application in seconds via RuckZuck and have a quick menu to blow through (maybe pre-populated by a config file with the source files) to give users a front end (reboot delay, kill certain apps before install or removal, suppress restart of some applications during install etc).
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2015 at 5:37 PM
You can easy integrate RuckZuck into a scripted installation with PSAppDeployToolkit by using:
  1. RuckZuck OneGet Provider (single PS command to install/update Software).
  2. RZUpdate.exe command (a single command to install/update software, you can also pass an XML-File with your custom Software)
  3. Access the RuckZuck Web-Service directly (you need to be a 'PRO' user to get access to the API).
If you are asking the other way around, to integrate PSAppDeployToolkit into RuckZuck... I don't think this makes sense as a Package-Manager should provide silent installations and no User-Interfaces. But I'm open to discuss it...
Dec 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM
Interesting concept! Yes, I was thinking of the reverse, burdening RuckZuck with more stuff.

I'm approaching this from the ConfigMgr side of life, not the PowerShell side.

I'm reg'd with a different username on the RuckZuck side of things, I'll have an app or two to contribute soon.

Let me think a bit and throw some things together, my thoughts are really chaotic.

Also, thank you for all your contributions in the ConfigMgr space over the years. Your client tool has been quite helpful.