This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Deployment Type

Topics: HowTo
Jul 1, 2016 at 9:50 AM
Hi,

is it possible to make the Deployment Type to Available and Install
so i always have to delete the Deployment and recreate it, cause ist always on: Required
and i Need it that the Software is only available
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2016 at 10:16 AM
First, you can Set "CreateDeployments" to "False" in the RZ4ConfigMgr.exe.config and the Tool will not create a Deployment...

If you are targeting User Collections, the Deployments will be "Available" to show the Apps in Software Center. I would ( but that's my personal oppinion ) not create available Deployments for Device collections as the Client will always download these Application-Policies. If there are only a few apps, that may be ok but if you want to publish hundreds of apps, the client will be flooded with policies...

But you may have to give some more details or a scenario why you target devices with available deployments...
Jul 1, 2016 at 10:22 AM
hi,

we just want to deploy some freeware to the Clients. so we test the tool to create Device Collections with Deployment of the Software, but the software should only be available, not required :)
So that the Clients did not install them automatically when theyre deployed, maybe only in the Maintenance Windows, but thats all "Work in progress" :)
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2016 at 11:26 AM
And why do you deploy to devices and not to users ?
Jul 1, 2016 at 11:36 AM
in our environment its not usefull or not possible :(
we had this discussion here, so... :(