This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

RuckZuck on TerminalServer

Topics: Feature Requests
Sep 22, 2016 at 7:37 AM
Hey guys,

Just tested RuckZuck on a Terminalserver (Windows Serevr 2012R2 fully patched). There is a weired behaviour from RuckZuck as far as i see when managing via powershell:

to install i need an user-powershell, when installing with an powershell with admin credentials nothing happens, no error no software install; when i switch to a normal user powershell i get an uac-prompt, type in admin-credentials and ruckzuck installs the software

to remove a software it is the opposite way, we need to uninstall from the admin powershell, but not from the user powershell (no uac, no error and even no uninstallation)

after installing the "get-package -providername Ruckzuck" does not list the lately installed software (as admin) but those before, as a user-powershell it display not even one installed programm.

would be stunning to get an update for these, we would gladly help and test or commit if you need anything
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2016 at 7:16 PM
I do not have a 2012R2 Terminalserver... can you reproduce on a "normal" Server 2012 R2 ?! What Version of OneGet is installed ? I've tested it on Server2012R2 based on OneGet 1.15.122.18327 ...
Sep 23, 2016 at 8:46 AM
Edited Sep 23, 2016 at 8:55 AM
no difference if you have a 2012r2 terminalserver or 2012r2; its only a role u install. maybe u want to add this role?
please see: https://msfreaks.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/windows-2012-r2-remote-desktop-services-part-1/

thing is that only on a terminalserver u get a uac-prompt if you are not admin, therefore u might see the difference
installed is the latest available oneget and oneget provider